Steps to Become a Volunteer
1. Register for an account on Volunteer Hub. This is where you can register for in-person training events and tax-preparation events once you are certified.
2. There are 2 ways to complete training and testing:
- In-Person Basic Training and Testing – Click here to register for one of our one day interactive tax preparation training events where you will learn basic tax law and the basics of using Taxwise, our tax preparation software, as well as take your Basic Tax Law certification exam. Coffee, snacks and lunch will be provided. Training events are held on Saturdays from 9 am – 4 pm.
- Cuyahoga EITC Coalition Basic and Advanced Training Videos – Watch our easy to navigate video lessons. The video lessons can be found visiting our Information for Volunteers page and then clicking on “Online Training Modules” under Training Resources. Then complete your testing on the VITA/TCE Central website.
3. Send us your 13615:
- In-Person Exam - Once your exam is graded you will receive a confirmation email with directions to view your 13615 – Volunteer Standards of Conduct, which includes the volunteer agreement and your test scores. You will now be able to view and register for tax preparation events.
- Online Exam – Once you complete your exam you will need to send us your 13615. To do so follow these simple instructions:
1. Login to VITA/TCE Central.
2. On the right hand side make sure you check the box “You may sign your Volunteer Agreement electronically by checking this box”.
3. Below that you will see “Click here to open and complete your agreement”.
4. Save and email a copy of your volunteer agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Once your exam is processed you will receive a confirmation email with directions to view your 13615 – Volunteer Standards of Conduct, which includes the volunteer agreement and your test scores. You will now be able to view and register for tax preparation events.